Saturday, August 4, 2012

Black winter coat

Hi! Yes I know-it is August, I just had 10 days of intense sunshine but still...this post is a winter coat-I was in the icy plane when I drew this! So here we go. I was leafing through a fashion magazine when I had the idea for this and originally it was supposed to be a classic cape but for some reason the cape didn't turn out very well so I made it a jacket.
The collar is a very classic high-necked coat collar but then just underneath the bust there are lots of folds which open into a wide skirt until the knee.
I like this design because I can imagine the silhouette of a young girl who hurries through the cold city with the coat flowing behind her. Don't you see it?
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion