Sunday, August 5, 2012

Purple Panel Dress

Hey everyone! What I've got for you today is probably a couture piece and definetly not suitable for daily use. Before I can talk about why it appeals to me so much I have to tell you what it is because I'm afraid you can only see the general impression on the sketch...
So as you see it is a ballroom dress with a wide skirt at the bottom. It is made of lots of purple square metal (yes-metal) panels with are set in rows to make the wonderfully round shape of this dress.
Despite reminding you of chain mail with which you asocciate the harsh battles of the medieval times, it still is a verysoft, feminine design and I love this controversy of material and effect.
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion