Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY-embelished Jeans Vest

Hi everyone!! I'm so excited today!! I can finally present to you my first DIY-Project! So lets begin :D
It was a while back that my good friend persuaded me that everyone must have a jeans vest-we were out shopping and she was looking for one for herself and on that occasion-I found the perfect one for me. I took it home and looked at it and thought I had to spice it up somehow. This is the result.
Materials: Simple jeans vest (you can cut off the sleeves of your jeans shirt, buy a new jeans jacket or like me find one in a local second hand store for 15 euros), (optional) fabric die or bleach and of course the things you want to embelish it with-this could be literally ANYTHING-buttons, pins, pieces of fabric, embroidery (then you need embroidery thread :D), rhine stones, sequins, fabric pens just to name a few!
Step 1: Especially if you got a second hand vest-wash it first. There is nothing more frustating than spending hours sewing and embelishing and then noticing that there is a stain somewhere which you don't want to have because washing the vest afterwards is not the easiest of things :D
Step 2: If you are using fabric die or bleach do it now. I decided not to because I was actually quite happy with the color but I think it would look awesome if you did!
Step 3: Now start embelishing. You can basically do anything you want. What I did was put lots of pins which I in various corners of my art boxes -you can see lots of Linkin Park ones, Unicef and one from this project called "Sternsinger" on the collar of the jacket (you can also put rhinestones or buttons or sequins or whatever you like)
and I wrote "Inspire" in lots of different letters on the back. The letters I layed out individually on a table before I actually sewed them on. This way I could regulate the size of the letters so they all fit on the back of the jacket-you don't want to suddenly run out of space!
 I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I can't wait to see your results so please feel free to share them in the comments section! And if you want more tutorials like this-I have lots more ideas in store-and if you have any-let me know!! :D
xoxo Alex
oh and btw-we have 70th post anniversary! There are exactly 70 post on this blog :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion