Thursday, September 20, 2012

Watercolor princess dress

Hi! I decided to use a new technique today! It was a little bit complicated because the black pen I had used kept smudging when I put watercolor on it so I had to try several times...
I got the idea for this design the way I get lots of ideas. Sometimes a picture simply appears in my head and I know what my next design has to be like. Sometimes it is not even the picture I get, just the adjectives describing it. Here I only saw the detail (dude-this is kind of getting creepy) of the chin, the neck and the beginning of the dress. The outline was clear and scetchy but the colors blurred over the sides. Sometimes I'm able to then convert these pictures into a drawing or a sketch but sometimes this doesn't work. With this one  I think the dress worked reasonably well but I messed up exactly the detail I had pictured in my head...very logical..
xoxo Alex
PS:You're definetely going to see more watercolors showing up here-they are simply amazing to do quick coloring and paired with felt-tips and crayons they are unbeatable :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion