Saturday, October 27, 2012

100th Post Anniversary-a sandal

Hello everyone!
First of all-I'd like to thank all of you dear readers who keep faith in me and vvisit my blog every day-I can't explain how much it means to me when people say that my work has inspired them, helped them or they just enjoyed looking through my sketches. It is this blog's anniversary today-together we have managed 100 posts some better some worst and before this becomes horribly cheesy post let's get on with it!
I didn'T actually plan to write this post so late but well I guess you can say I was quite busy today :D I told you yesterday that this weekend I would be visting this workshop for fashion and costume design at our local Volkshofschule-well the first day was awesome already! We started off studying on how to draw the human body and how to change the proportions to create a character (i.e. long and prominent or fat and chubby). Then we chose one of 5 plays which we could use as a theme-mine was Alice in Wonderland (<3) and made a mood board. This was very interesting because well, apart from being my first mood board, it was a new way for me to look at design and I definitely like it. Maybe I will find a way to create more of them and then put them on here too because I think they are just a wonderful way of capturing the feeling, the atmosphere of what you want to create and they are much more effective than texts like this XD
Tomorow we will start actually designing some clothes and when I get home you bet I'll post some here.


Apart from that I also found the love of my life-tusche.Usually it is used for calligraphy but it is the perfect medium for me because you can draw so wonderfully free and sketchy drawings which are still permanent unlike pencil which always looks so unfinished.
Here is the first drawing on here where I used tusche but I'm pretty sure you'll see it quite often from now on!
I can't wait to show you the Alice and Wonderland designs tomorow!
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion