Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday'S DIY! -the "alternative" necklace

Hey!
Recently one of my lovely readers informed my that it was time for another DIY-so I searched and searched and finally was inspired by the amazing man repeller!
She had one a cool necklace with safety pins and I fell in love immediatly..as I was searching for a free chain for the necklace I stumbled upon more cool things to put on and I present to you my final result :D

Materials
-practically anything-the main point of this necklace is to improvise and make cool stuff out of the things you have-so don't worry if I use some things that you don't have because I'm sure once you get creative you will to! Of course I will still tell you exactly what I used and where you can get it (at least for the ones I know!)
-plain necklace (you can either by one at practically any crafting store or upcycle an old one you still have somewhere deep down in your jewelry box...
-random/cool beads, pendants and of course the safety pins
-piece of metal chain (you can get them at the building supplies store or at craft stores)





Step 1-the chain

With two pieces of (thin!) bendable wire I simply attached the chain to the necklace-the way you do it will be different depending on what kind of chain it is and how big the whole are on the necklace but it should be fairly managable!

Step 2-the safety pins and (some of the) beads
Then -the coolest part of the necklace in my opinion-come the safetly pins-add as many as you like, in whatever constelation you like (e.g. in a really cool long chain) or like this, together at one end and apart on the other...whatever you fell like...the cool part about safety pins is also that you can make them more colorful by adding beads, simply by opening the pins, threading them on and then closing the pins again!

Step 3-other stuff
In this step, let your creativty explode! Add random pendants, beads chains, threads, spikes, fluffy stuff, pieces of plaster, shapes out of clay or wire or cellotape, candywrappers EVERYTHING...let your imagination run wild!

I can't wait to see what all you crafty people come up with!
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion