Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wall of Inspiration

Remember those weekly inspiration posts I did some time ago every Monday? I don't actually know why I stopped but uhm this post is going to be a little like that-only now it's not a post-it is a whole wall :D
Following the advice of an awesome teacher of mine on how to find what actually interests me, art-wise I mean, yesterday and today I started looking through my pile of magazines on my desk-ripping out everything which spoke to me, inspired me or simply just looked awesome :D I tried not to go by any kind of thematic scheme and try to end up with the stuff I liked best...
Then I ordered it and tried to find categories or patterns so that then I could actually see what different kind of things I picked out...and well-here's what I learned....and it looks like we are going to have to rename the blog :P
So just to explain the sections a little-we have a large black and white one on the left-faces in the top middle, then objects and kind of textures or patters on the right and then bottom middle and right we have buildings and scenes n stuff...
It kind of creeps me out how uncolorful, I mean there is a lot of black and white and sepia but nothing is like neon or anything so that's kind of new for me...

and then I learned that I love like vintage cars and motorcycles and stuff...not because of what they are but because they have such cool shapes...

 Weird stuff you find out about yourself when you do something like that....Try it! It is actually kind of fun!
oh and there were basically no fashion shots or editorials or anything...which means that it doesn't fit the name of the blog...which kind of sucks-but I'll think of something I promise!
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion