Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Typography/Lettering Series -Shakespeare

I've always been in love with well crafted graffiti. If it is well made, it is such an awesome way to embelish walls/trucks/trains or school worksheets for that matter. There is a real art behind it, that I've always wanted to actually try it out, but haven't done yet (that might be a project for the future!-what do you think? :D ). As I'm doing lettering at the moment,  I had to include some graffiti style stuff, and believe it or not, the 'Shakespeare' is actually my own writing! XD It took me quite a few inspiration and reference pictures but I'm quite pleased with the result.
I did the shape first by hand, and then added colorusing a filter in photoshop later..
The quote is from The Merchant of Venice by the way.
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion