Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Takeover - Initial sketch vs. line-art vs. finshed piece & Aliens

First of all, I'm so so sorry for not posting yesterday guys and also sorry Alex for ruining your statistics. I know I suck. Ffs Alex runs this blog now for so long and has missed how many days? Two? And I've to do four days and already mess up. Sorry.
But: I do have an excuse. I was already running late (yayy, procrastination) and than my internet connection died, but because it was already quite late, I couldn't ask my brother to fix it. 
But on a positive note: As you can see my internet connection works again and so I'm here with what I wanted to show you yesterday aswell as the stuff I had in mind for today.


Part 1:

I decided not to start all over with the Sick Puppies cartoon-thingy, because when I looked at it yesterday I decided that I needed some fixes here and there but wasn't as bad as I had initially thought.

Do you also sometimes feel like your drawings lose a lot of character and life when you turn the sketches into line-art and then into a finished product? Sometimes I think scetches look so much cooler and energetic than the finished drawings...Maybe you can see what I mean:
3. Finished drawing.

2. Line-Art
1. Sketch

For the people wondering why the characters don't have faces and why it's only 'area-shading' and not detailed shading: I'm currently trying to find my own cartoon-style and an the moment I really like the simplified style.
But I have to say I don't like this drawing because the people look rather stiff and not as dynamic as I wanted them to be (especially the guy on the right.) Wow, they look like a 10 year old kid drew them. Damn.


Part 2:

As some of you might know, I love drawing aliens and I've recently been using them as a kind of warm-up exercise. These are some of my favourites:





 So. This is it for me, tomorrow you'll have Alex back :) And then you will finally get more organized posts again and not my random and chaotic stuff.
And sorry for all the talking btw, I just love explaiing what was going on in my mind while drawing etc.

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion